Saturday, September 23, 2017

My PASSION!!




It was the day when I first discovered Studio Ghibli movies. At first, they seemed…weird. The style was childish and sugary, and the plots were strange. But it was the fact that these movies were different that really drew me in. Compared to the children's movies I'd been raised with Studio Ghibli movies (and other anime shows I began to watch) were empowering. They featured strong female characters whose looks weren't considered a personality trait. The art was beautiful, unique, and cheery, and the themes were always humorous, yet deep as well. Because of this I started becoming interested in topics like cosplaying, watching and reading all kinds of Anime/Manga. I felt like anime is something I’d never even considered watching before,but turned out to be amazing and complex. I still enjoy it to this day. 






1 comment:

  1. Hey Sharon,
    To be honest I’m not really into Anime but...
    You’ve convinced me to at least try and read about it. (:

    Your blog buddy,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete